The Perfect Finishing Touch: Why Finishing Salts are a Must-Try for Dry Aged Steak
When it comes to cooking steak, many people swear by the flavor and texture of dry aged beef. But have you ever tried adding a sprinkle of finishing salt to your perfectly seared dry aged steak? If not, you're missing out! Here are some reasons why finishing salts are so good on dry aged steak:
- Enhances the natural flavor: Dry aged beef has a rich, nutty flavor that can be further enhanced by the addition of a high-quality finishing salt. The salt helps to draw out the natural flavors of the meat, resulting in a more complex and satisfying taste.
- Adds texture: The right finishing salt can also add a satisfying crunch to your steak. This is especially true if you use a coarse or flaky salt, which will give your steak a satisfying crunch with each bite.
- Balances the flavors: A good finishing salt can also help to balance out the flavors in your steak. If your steak is too rich or fatty, a touch of salt can help to cut through the richness and balance out the flavors.
- Highlights the dry aging process: Dry aging beef is a time-consuming and labor-intensive process that results in a unique flavor and texture. Adding a finishing salt can help to highlight and showcase the flavors and textures that result from the dry aging process.
- Adds a gourmet touch: Adding a sprinkle of finishing salt to your dry aged steak is a simple and easy way to elevate your meal and make it feel more gourmet. It's a small detail that can make a big difference in the overall taste and presentation of your steak.
So next time you cook up a dry aged steak, don't forget to finish it off with a sprinkle of high-quality finishing salt. You won't regret it!